Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Girl Meets Grill...

This last Sunday was the Hubby's birthday so I tried a new recipe for the occasion: Baby Back Ribs!!! I have never done ribs before but I really wanted to make him something special and I think they turned out really well. I'm not a big rib fan myself but I thought they were moist and tender and had a really good flavor. The homemade cola BBQ sauce was delicious...tangy and sweet and spicy and just right. I bought a smoker box and some mesquite chips at Cost Plus to give them an authentic mesquite flavor, and borrowed a really handy rack from a friend to keep them upright on the grill. I had so much fun making them that I have already been planning my next grilling conquest! I'm thinking I might smoke a turkey breast...I mean, if I can make great ribs, I can do anything, right?

Here's the recipe I used, I highly reccommend it:


I didn't get a picture after they were all done because we were too busy eating.

No comments: