Friday, August 29, 2008

Operation Bye-Bye Paci...

Liberty's pacifiers are all gone....we didn't throw them away or send them to needy babies in another country. We took them down to Build-A-Bear Workshop and had them sewn into this cute little floppy eared bunny.

She really was not too happy with the idea while we were there at the store, in fact, when the guy handed her the freshly stuffed bunny with her pacis in it...she shoved it right back in his face. I think it would be fair to say that she was very pissed off about the whole thing.
She wasn't mad at the bunny anymore by the time we got him home though which I took as a good sign.


Afterwards, I kept her up until 9:45 because I was totally procrastinating about putting her to bed so she was probably super tired...but she fell asleep without incident. She pointed to where we kept the pacis and said "pffffa" which is her word for pacifier. I reminded her that she gave them to the baby bunny because she was such a big girl and she just whimpered for a minute with her head on my shoulder and then wanted to snuggle with the bunny instead of the little bear that she usually wants to snuggle with.
So far so good.....I think.



1 comment:

amy817 said...

Way to go Liberty! Love your bunny! Kaitlyn always sleeps with her Build a Bear Monkey. Build a Bear rocks. Miss you guys!

Amy:)